EBOOK/THE RIGHTS OF WOMEN IN ISLAM+ DOWNLOAD
: Title:The Rights of Women in Islam
Author: Murteza Mutahhari
Translated By: World Organization of Islamic Services
Publisher:World Organization of Islamic Services
Tehran - Iran
PROPOSAL AND ENGAGEMENT
- Does a man's proposal of marriage insult a woman? It is a man's instinct to make the approach and ask, and a woman's instinct to be a source of attraction and act whit self-restraint…….
- Man seeks union with woman, not to enslave her: ……. The custom of asking the hand of woman in marriage is a very safe and wise way of woman in marriage is a very safe and wise way of safeguarding the honour and prestige of a woman: ………… Errors by the writer of the forty Articles in the Civil Law …….
FIXED – TERM MARRIAGE
- contemporary life and fixed-term marriag:…….
Modern youth, the time of puberty, and the onset of sextual activity:…..
Monasticism for a fixed period, sexual communism,
- or fixed-term marriage:
- Experimental marriage:
- Russell's views on fixed-term marriage:
- Objections and difficulties:
- FIXED – TERM MARRIAGE AND THE PROBLEM OF THE HAREM
- Social causes for harems: Is the provision of fixed-term marriage a licence for promiscuity?
- Harems in the present world:
- Prohibition by the Caliph of fixed-term marriage:
- A tradition from Ali (ibn Abi Talib):
WOMAN AND HER SOCIAL INDEPENDENCE
- FREEDOM IN DETERMINING ONE'S FUTURE
- Marrying a woman before she is born:
- The Holy Prophet gave az-Zahra, his daughter, full freefom in choosing a husband: The Islamic movement in favour of women was entirely independence
- Permission of fathers: A man is a slave of his passions and a woman is a captive of her lovingness…..
ISLAM AND MODERNITY
ISLAM AND MODERNITY (1)
- The exigencies of the age:
- Islam and the demands of the age
- Confused thinking
- What does time itself conform to?
- Adaptation or abrogation?
ISLAM AND MODERNITY (2)
- Rigid people and ignorant people
- The story in the Qur'an
ISLAM AND MODERNITY (3)
- The secret of the dynamism and flexibility of Islamic laws
- Attention to essence and meaning as opposed
To shape and from ….
- A permanent law for a permanent requirement, and a variable law for a varying requirement
- The question of change of script
- It does not matter what you wear, as long as you do not imitate slavishly
- The quedtio of "ahamm wa mujimm" (that which is more important and that which is significant)
- Laws with the right of "veto"
- The governing authority
- The fundarnental of ijitihad
THE HUMAN STATUS OF WOMAN IN THE QUR'AN
THE NATURAL BASIS OF FAMILY RIGHTS
- The natural basis of family rights
THE DIFERENCE BETWEEN WOMAN AND MAN
- The differences between woman and man
DOWER AND MAINTENANCE
THE QUESTIN OF INHRITANCE
RIGHT OF DIVORCE
- The historical causes of polygyny